Discusses the key differences between data, information, information technology, and information systems.
- Define what is meant by information.
- Define what is meant by data.
- Create two matrices (one for data and one for information) that illustrate the key differences between information and data, and briefly discuss the differences in one or two paragraphs. Each matrix should contain characteristics and/or facts about the subjects (data and information) that show how they are different.
- Define information technology.
- Define information systems.
- Using the five-component model as an example, discuss some differences between information technology and information systems.