Then, using ONE of the stories, analyze it further by answering the following questions for your initial response.
Background of Story
- Which author and short story did you choose?
- Give a brief description and background of the author.
- Give a short summary of the plot of the story.
Analysis of Short Story (3-4 paragraphs, 1 1/2 pages at least)
Choose at least four of the following questions to discuss about your chosen short story.
- Did you enjoy the story? Why or why not?
- Is the title appropriate for this story? Why or why not?
- What characteristics did the story have that made it a good story? Give examples from your readings to support your point of view/
- Who is the main character? Describe the main character and how the author conveyed these characteristics.
- What is the conflict in the story? How does the story resolve this conflict?
- What is the defining moment (climax) of the story?
- What is the setting of the story?
- From what point of view is the story told?
- Was there anything in the author’s bio that might have explained the subject matter or tone of the story?