For your midterm, you created a business that relied on selling its products or services online. The only system you needed at the time was the online platform to sell them.
Your business has been very successful, with a revenue of one million dollars a year. This means that you might need to reshape your business and invest more on it.
You hired a small consultant firm to create a database that handles your customers, orders, invoices and inventory, along with proprietary applications which interact with your Apache Webserver (for those students who decided to offer digital services, such as videogames, they are hosted in this server as well).
Based on the above, please create an IT strategy with the following considerations:
- You can invest up to 25 percent of your current yearly revenue in your IT solution
- You expect your sales to grow 300 percent in the next year (this means that you have to look for a solution where you can easily add additional resources)
- You will use a cloud based solution for all other systems and applications
- List all the applications and services your company need (at least you will need to mention applications for customers, products, inventory, orders, and invoicing)
- Determine whether the above will be offered as IaaS, PaaS or SaaS (Each service can use a different delivery model)
- Why did you select that delivery model for your services (IaaS instead of SaaS, for example)?
- Determine which cloud vendors will host your services and why you selected them. (They can be hosted with different vendors, and they can be sold as different services)
- If possible, share how much would each of those services cost
- Do you need dedicated broadband for your line of business? If so, which vendor would you use and how much would it cost?
- Does your cloud vendor provide assistance with migrating your services from your current solution to what you are about to acquire? If not, how will you do it?
- Will you migrate all services and applications at once? Would your migration be in parallel? Justify your answer
- How will you plan for your expected growth?
- Which strategies will you use to protect your business from cyber threats?
- Please identify which strategies will take place at the infrastructure or system design level, and which ones will take place at the end user level
- How will you make sure your customer’s private and financial information are safe?
Implementation Timeline and Cost
- Add a timeline (estimated), including but not limited to the following:
- New system planning
- New system design
- Set up of the cloud environment
- Go Live
- The paper must be between two and four pages long (including graphics), and can be single or double line.