Read the following case study and answer the questions below; explain in detail in 2 pages; 12 font; times new roman; may use one additional reference to go with the ones either attached or listed below.
Mesha, a 12-month-old child who was recently diagnosed with profound sensorineural hearing loss. Her father is also Deaf and was raised by parents and grandparents in a Deaf community. He feels a strong sense of belonging to the Deaf community. He could go to a mainstream school, his hearing loss not a profound as his siblings (all of whom are Deaf), causing a conflict between the hearing world and the deaf world. Mesha’s parents have decided not to get her hearing aids to try to prevent this conflict.
- If you were an intervention specialist working with Mesha and her parents, would you endorse their decision? Why or why not?
- What challenges face children who are raised in the Deaf versus the hearing community?
- Explain the relationship between daycare and otitis media. Make sure to explain who is affected, how it affects the auditory system, and how the negative effects of the disease can be halted. How could otitis media affect Mesha?
- Discuss the importance of accurate diagnosis of hearing loss. Explain the consequences of both a false positive and a false negative.
- Explain the multi-tiered approach to the assessment of hearing loss in pediatric populations.
video – https://youtu.be/qS_fK51TkHE
Children’s Hospital, Texas. (2019, December 19). Treating Hearing Loss at Texas Children’s Hospital [Video]. https://youtu.be/qS_fK51TkHE