Expat Profile P aper
• 3 or more typed pages
• 12 point font
• No cover page
• Minimum of 3 information sources (examples: blogs, YouTube video(s), newspapers, magazines, academic books, personal interviews, and websites)
• Cite references at end of paper (not included in 3-page requirement)
• Reference citations in APA (preferred) or other consistently applied format (Chicago, MLA, etc.)
• Graphics may be included, but do not count towards 3-page requirement
• Choose one expatriate to profile. It is highly recommended (but not required) that your expatriate hails from a primarily individualist country but resides in a primarily collectivist country OR vice versa
• The expatriate profiled should have a business and/or managerial role in the host country (i.e., not primarily a tourist, student, retired, etc.).
• Include some basic information on the background of the expatriate (name, age, occupation, family status if available, etc.).
• Include some basic information on the host country’s culture as well as the home country’s culture.
• Identify any cross-cultural communication issues that arose for this particular expatriate (examples: culture shock, reverse culture shock, business issues).