You are the facility manager for EnVision, a high-tech vehicle maker located in Atlanta. This new company designs, manufactures, and sells electric vehicles and charging units. EnVision’s unique designs, technical prowess, and limited competition has placed them in the enviable position of having a high demand for their line of products. This demand has generated over a billion dollars in pre-sale orders, and a new manufacturing facility is required to meet customer’s needs. The firm’s CEO, Mark Hammel, has asked you to assist in selecting a new site that will accommodate a new state-of-the-art facility.
Dashboards and visualization stories provide audiences with swift insights and influence key business decisions. Therefore, your CEO has decided that the data you gather should be in the form of a visualization presentation.
Create a Tableau visualization story that threads together the company’s goals, relevant data sets, tool features, editorial best practices, and measures of quantitative and qualitative data. Use visualization stories and visualization tools to capture key insights and express them in business terms.
Using the files provided, locate the data associated with sustainable energy, additional personnel, raw materials (Aluminum), utilities, shipping conveyances (Rail and Ground), and survey results for your charts and graphs.
- Create the data links to your sources that will develop appropriate insights.
- Construct visualizations to highlight key themes listed above: sustainable energy, additional personnel, raw materials (Aluminum), utilities, shipping conveyances (Rail and Ground).
- Create a Word document to explain your presentation and the justification for the data sets you used in depth
- For the reference information not available, identify that data and provide an explanation of why it is not available.
- Devise a plan to turn insight derived from the data into actions to meet the company’s goals.
- Explain what makes this insight actionable.
Data Files to us
For this assignment, please reference the following data files as necessary:
EnVision Survey (1).xlsx
Atlanta vs US Utilities (1).xlsx
2016 Manufacturing (1).csv2016
Power generation and Supply (1).csv2016
Alumina and Aluminum Production (1).csv
2016 Industrial Machinery Manufacturing (1).csv
2016 Rail transportation (1).csv2016
Specialized Freight Trucking (1).csv
In the submission box below, attach both the Tableau Presentation file and the Word document.