Mowoot is a startup company that develops and manufactures and sells a medical device for chronical constipation. They a huge market worldwide, and recently they have the authorization of health authorities (EMA and FDA) to sell their product in all European countries and in USA. The business will increase its operations exponentially, and therefore, all the areas of the company need to adapt very quickly to the new scenario. Nowadays, the company has this areas or departments as critical to face the challenge: Marketing and Sales, Production, and Financial.
From every department of those recognized as critical, you must identify their needs in terms of Information Systems. Once these needs have been identified, you have to describe your proposal of information systems infrastructure and data management, to solve the needs of the company.
Your proposal must clarify the value that it brings to the business in two assumptions. First, the implementation of the information systems for the 3 initial business areas (Marketing and Sales, Production, and Financial). Second, the implementation of the additional information systems needed by the rest of the company (Human Resources, Legal, Quality, and IT).
Details of the task
- The expected table of contents should include the analysis of the situation, the proposal of the initial implementation, and the proposal for the
extension of additional business areas
- The deliverable is a document, with all the figures you consider necessary, in pdf format
- Wordcount: aprox. 1.500 words
- Cover, Table of Contents, References and Appendix are excluded of the total wordcount.
- Font: Arial 12,5 pts.
- Text alignment: Justified.
- The in-text References and the Bibliography have to be in Harvard’s citation style.
Submission: Week 5 – Via Moodle (Turnitin) – Deadline: Sunday 31/10/2021 23:59 CEST. Weight: This task is a 30% of your total grade for this subject.
It assesses the following learning outcomes:
- Outcome 1: understand what information systems and its main components is.
- Outcome 2: distinguish between the main types of information systems and innovative methods of reducing costs and improving service through
management information systems.