A detailed feasibility study is an essential element in the process of diligently assessing any new health services business venture. According to data released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the health care industry is currently one of the fastest growing fields in the United States, and it is projected that the field will grow by 22 percent by 2018. This is compared to an 11 percent average growth rate for all other industries (United States Department of Labor, 2012). Whether you are considering new medical service lines, an expansion of your current operation or any other type of health care business venture, a feasibility study is an essential planning tool for any future health care leader.
In this assignment, you will be taking the first step toward the completion of your final assignment by settling on the topic for your feasibility study. Please read the Leff, et al (2005) article, “Hospital at Home: Feasibility and Outcomes of a Program to Provide Hospital-Level Care at Home for Acutely Ill Older Patients.” Reflect on the procedures and content found in the article to aid you in choosing and shaping a topic for your feasibility study. The topic you select should be of interest and meaningful to you and your career, and it must be related to health care delivery.
Create a document that includes the following:
· Title: Proposed title for the feasibility study
· Topic: Topic of the feasibility study
· Description: A brief description (250-500 words) of how the proposal will impact the quality, availability, accessibility, and affordability of care
· List of Resources: A list of five scholarly sources that you plan to use as you complete your feasibility study
Writing the Feasibility Study Topic and Area of Interest
· Must be one to two double-spaced pages
· Must address the topic with critical thought.
· Must include the listed headings with the content required under each.
· Must use at least five scholarly sources that were published within the last five years,