In order to influence policy, you have to understand how a bill is started, moves through the legislative system, and final enacted. In this assignment, you will trace a piece of legislation from introduction to how it impacts health care or nursing practice. Develop the assignment as if it will be used during a presentation at a conference or poster presentation.
Step 1: Identify a bill that relates to health care, a social issue, or nursing practice.
Step 2: Develop a poster presentation, infographic, FAQ document, or pamphlet which outlines how a bill is introduced and passed by including answers the following questions:
- State the legislation.
- Who introduced/sponsored the bill?
- Why did the person introduce it?
- Where was it introduced?
- Who helped to draft the legislation?
- Was nursing involved?
- Which committees were involved?
- Was it authorized?
- Was it appropriated?
- Did it make it out of committee?
- Was it enacted?
- What is the impact on health care or nursing practice?