Philosophy of Teaching Statement: Conceptualization of Teaching
The philosophy of teaching statement is presented in five sections: conceptualization of learning, conceptualization of teaching, goals for students, implementation of the philosophy, and professional growth plan. In this course, you will develop your own philosophy of teaching statement. This week, you will focus on writing your conceptualization of teaching section.
Using knowledge gained from your orientation course, observation experience, your own personal experience and credible, current literature, address the following questions:
- What is your personal definition of teaching?
- What is your role as a teacher?
- What will you do to accommodate different abilities?
- What have been your positive and negative experiences with formal or informal teaching?
- Use APA format and style for your paper.
- Complete your analysis in a 1- to 2-page Microsoft Word document.
- Name the document SU_INS7115_W4_Project_FirstInitial.doc.