- CO-1: Identify major works of Western and Non-Western art from the Neo-Lithic to the Post-Modern periods.
- CO-2: Identify major artists and their time periods in Western and Non-Western art.
- CO-3: Interpret art terminology in relationship to works of art.
- CO-4: Describe major works of art.
- CO-5: Compare and contrast works of art.
- CO-6: Analyze works of art within their social and historical contexts.
Write a 2 page description, formal analysis, and interpretation of one work of art from a local museum. Please visit an art museum,not a children’s, history, or other museum. You MUST follow your How to Write a Critique format. You are writing in an informal manner and are discussing/describing the object with us.
Include in your paper an additional one paragraph description of the museum you visited. Write information that could only be obtained by an actual visit, not something you could find on the museum website. You may also include a scan of your ticket in lieu of this brief description. Be certain to name the museum you visited.
Submit your work in the Museum Assignment section. Also post your paper to the Week 5 Forum designed for the papers. Read all other students’ entries and make comments when you like one of the postings.
Museum Paper Grading Rubric:
The Museum Paper is an analysis paper, not a history or research paper.