Considering the readings, video presentations, and your own research, draft a quality 5–7 pg. research paper on the logic, rationale, and effectiveness of Global Economic Governance in accordance with the following prompts, answering in a separate or integrated manner as you wish.
- Reasoning with clear ideas and examples, explain at least 3 reasons for the authority and legitimacy of the IMF and World Bank? According to their defenders, what is their stated role and rationale? In reverse, mention at least 3 criticisms of these institutions. Is there a particularly Christian approach to international finance or micro-finance, or might Christians split left to right on this issue? Explain.
- Reasoning with clear ideas and examples, discuss the pros and cons of the free trade regime established after WWII. Most Western economists defend free trade as a religious mantra, believing it a partial remedy for the ills of inequality between peoples, states, and regions like the North-South divide for example. Many Christians endorse free trade as one of the only ways to reconcile capitalism, freedom, and Christian faith. Providing 3 pros and 3 cons, offer a more balanced view of free trade.
- Length of assignment: 5-7 pages
- Format: APA
- Number of citations: at least 5-7 scholarly sources
- Acceptable sources: scholarly articles, books, current affairs events, Bible, etc.