At the end of each module I will ask you to reflect on your work and your reading and use the following questions as a guide for your discussion: (See the syllabus for what to think about when answering these questions. This will be a discussion of free-expression based on your reflections.
What have I done here?
What have I learned from what I have done here?
What will I do differently from what I have learned here?
What will I tell others about what I have learned here?
Module 3 Learning Objectives
- To understand why organizations are changing in terms of their approaches to diversity.
- To understand the implications to the business case for diversity.
- To explore some of the models for understanding organizational diversity.
- To learn how to evaluate an organization’s diversity programs and progress.
Keywords & Concepts
Please familiarize yourself with the following keywords and concepts:
- Human Capital
- The 3 Ethical Theories (p. 281 Harvey and Allard)
Module 3 Reading Assignments
- Harvey and Allard:
- Section IV: Understanding The Secondary Dimensions of Diversity: Social Class, Religion, Appearance/Weight, Language/Communication, and Military Service
- Section V: Managing Diversity in Terms of the Ethical, Legal, Media, and Marketing Issues
- Coyle: Skill #3 Establish Purpose