Introduction: Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the United States. Heart disease can be due to congenital heart defects (CHDs) or conditions that develop throughout one’s life. Most forms of heart disease are very treatable today. For example, as medical care and treatment have advanced, babies with a CHD are living longer and healthier lives.
For this post, you will:
- Use either a media or primary literature source* to research and describe one heart-related condition from the list provided.
- What is the cause, signs and symptoms?
- How and when is the diagnosis made (e.g., during pregnancy or after the birth)?
- What are the consequences for the individual after diagnosis (e.g., is the problem compatible with life, what is life expectancy without treatment, etc.).
- What are the choices of treatment for that condition