This unit presented the evolution of solid waste management, best practices, and solid waste collection technologies. For this assignment, compose an essay that addresses the prompts below.
- Explain the evolution of collection technologies in solid waste management.
- Analyze best practices of solid waste collection regarding the routing of refuse collection trucks.
- Identify appropriate technologies to address complex environmental problems.
- Provide a solution (show all work) to the following question: A city service department has refuse collection trucks that run 8-hour shifts. If it takes 2 minutes to pick up refuse from each home, how many homes can be served in an 8-hour shift?
- Determine a solution (show all work) to the following question: A city has budgeted $100/day for each refuse truck to travel 20 miles round trip from the end of its urban collection route to a landfill. Fuel cost is $1.50 per mile. How many roundtrips can be made in 1 day to stay under budget?
In your paper, limit the number of direct quotations that are taken from outside sources. The majority of your paper should be composed of your own thoughts and paraphrased information. Make certain that your essay meets the criteria listed below.
- Include a title page.
- Provide an introduction.
- Your paper must be at least three full pages in length, not counting the title page and references page.
- Your references page should include at least two sources, one of which should be the course textbook and one of which should be a peer-reviewed source from the CSU Online Library.
Please adhere to APA Style when creating citations and references for this assignment.