No directly quoted material may be used in this project paper.
Project 1: Case Study
You are working in the research unit of a foundation that awards grants to criminal justice agencies. The foundation is interested in promoting inter-agency collaboration to address specific issues in criminal justice. There is a formal debate in the office as to whether a particular case of apparent cooperation/collaboration was actually effective. Your supervisor is championing one side of this discussion. You have been asked to provide a review of the case identified below. Specifically, your supervisor asked you to compose a paper that included responses to the four questions provided. (See Item #3 below.)
1. Read the following report from the National Institute of Justice:
“Baltimore’s Comprehensive Communities Program: A Case Study”
2. Respond to the following questions:
- Describe the positive aspects of the collaborative initiative
- What partner do you feel is less essential to the initiative and why? (Note “None” is not an option.)
- What criminal justice entity do you feel could have enhanced the success of the initiative?]
- What NON-criminal justice entity do you feel could have enhanced the success of the initiative?
Note: While these four questions may be helpful in creating an outline, the paper itself must be presented as a formal narrative case study.
3. Complete Project 1 (Case Study) in the following format:
- Respond to the four questions in item 2 above
- Format Requirements
- Paper must be double spaced, 11 or 12 pt font and 1” margins all around.
- All APA 7th edition format requirements must be followed (cover page, in text citations, reference page). Refer to APA/UMGC – learning resources found in the content page of this course.
- You must have resources to support your thoughts/opinions/information. These must be cited both in text as well as at the end of the document. Your paper should not contain direct quotes, sourced material must be paraphrased.