You are an infant-toddler teacher in an early childhood program, and you are excited to work with this age group! This is your opportunity to develop and implement a developmentally appropriate lesson plan for either infants or toddlers.
Part One – Lesson Plan
Develop an instructional lesson plan for infants or toddlers that includes the following:
Group, Setting, and Activity Name:
- Describes the setting and group of children with whom you will implement the lesson plan.
- Provide a name for the activity in the lesson plan.
Rationale – DAP:
- How will this lesson be beneficial for this group of learners?
- What do you know about this group of learners that justifies presenting this lesson content and using these methods?
Rationale – Learning Outcomes:
- What early learning standards/guidelines do you need to consider in the development of your lesson plan?
- What are your objectives for the lesson?
- For example, what will the learner be expected to achieve at the end of the lesson?
- List all materials and preparation needed to carry out the described activities.
- Introduction: How will you introduce to children the purpose of the lesson and motivate them to participate in the activity?
- How will you connect your lesson content to previous knowledge?
- Implementation: Outline your step-by-step process for implementing the lesson.
- Support for All Learners: Based on what you know about your learners – How will you plan to meet the whole group’s needs?
- What strategies are present in the plan to ensure that each child can access and fully participate in the lesson? Are you avoiding bias?
- Closure: How will you reflect on this lesson to inform your future teaching?
- Uses correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation in the 2-3-page infant or toddler lesson plan.
Please note: It is recommended that you copy and paste the sections above into a Word document and answer each question in detail.
- You will submit your completed lesson plan in a Word document and a video file of you implementing the lesson.
- To submit the lesson plan, copy and paste the lesson plan headings and questions (above) into a Word