You may choose one of the conference subtopics below:
• The role of play in supporting healthy development and learning
• The role of attachment in supporting healthy development and learning
• The impact of historical and/or contemporary views of children, development, and learning on early childhood education
• The nature of childhood
• The role of family engagement in fostering healthy development and learning through early childhood education
• Cultural responsiveness, bias, and stereotyping as they effect identity development in young children
For your Assignment, develop the following:
• The subject and the title of your conference subtopic
• An overview of the keynote speaker you have selected for your conference subtopic session. Your keynote speaker should be an individual who has significantly contributed to the theoretical understanding of your topic or the current evidence base. Include in your overview of this individual:
o The person’s name
o A brief rationale for selecting this individual, including an outline of six key presentation points of his/her presentation. For example, if your keynote speaker is presenting on attachment, include an overview of key points that will be covered.
• A panel of at least three historical figures who will present on your selected subtopic, and a rationale detailing how the individuals you selected have contributed to the understanding of your selected topic
• Four 1- to 2-page conference handouts designed to provide participants with a research-based overview of your conference subtopic. Your conference handouts should include brief summaries of the following:
o A historical perspective of your subtopic
o A summary of current research on your subtopic
o An overview of evidence-based practices or applications for families or practitioners related to your subtopic
o An annotated list of additional resources for conference participants on your subtopic
Note: Each of your handouts should include at least three scholarly references from current peer-reviewed articles.
In one Word document, be sure to include your description of your keynote speaker, panel, and four 1- to 2-page conference handouts.