This week, you will write a comprehensive APA analysis paper using all the knowledge you have gained in SCI 1100. Use what you have learned from the READ and ATTEND sections throughout the course (including Unit 5) and at least four scholarly sources to address the items listed below. If you need support on how to formulate your APA Analysis paper, you may refer to your APA Template under the Resource tab or contact the CPS Librarians. Please refer to your grading rubric for guidance. Upon completion, you will click on the Dropbox tab to submit your paper for grading. Use in-text citations and do not self-plagiarize from the previous weeks.
- Environmental ethics pertains to people and the environment. Three loosely conceived categories summarize differences among personal domains of ethical concern. They are anthropocentrism, biocentrism, and ecocentrism. Give a thorough explanation of how each of these worldviews work.
- Differentiate between a renewable energy source, a nonrenewable energy source, and a clean energy source. Please give an example of each.
- Compare renewable energy sources. Choose 4 that you think are viable and discuss the pros and cons of each.
- Discuss the three fossil fuels upon which humans rely and their origins. Oil sands and methane hydrate are possible energy sources. Explain what they are, problems associated with extraction, and possible environmental impacts of extraction.
- Who is Rachel Carson? What did she do and why was it so important?
- What are your thoughts on China’s One-Child Policy? What were the pros and cons of a decision like this? Could something like this work in the US? If not, what could they have done differently to achieve the desired goal?
- Why are dead zones considered to be a major environmental issue? Share some insight on how they are created and to what extent they span.
- Address the concept of sustainable fishing.