This assignment is designed to provide an understanding of Fraud mitigation and investigative methods.
- Go to: www.ic3.gov
- Review process of submitting a fraud complaint.
- Define “Business Email Compromise (BEC) and how this fraud technique is perpetrated?
- Define ransomware and identify the most recent ransomware threat?
- What was the total reported fraud losses in the US in 2020?
- From the 2020 ic3 Fraud Annual Report
- What age group was most targeted for fraud by major category?
- Which state was the most victimized for fraudulent activity?
- Go to www.ftc.gov
- Click on Video & Media watch: Fraud: An Inside Look | FTC Consumer Information
- What was the fraud prevention takeaway?
- Click on “Scams” browse the list of scams and identify one or two that interest you and state why?
- What is the difference between fraud and identity theft?
- What have you learned that can help you avoid becoming a victim of fraud and or identity theft?
- Review the 7 steps to conduct a fraud investigation, for discussion next lecture.