Healthcare Facility Assignment
Assignment #2, due 4/05 by 11:59PM (EST)
For this assignment, you are designing your own “Fictional” Healthcare facility. The health care field has a very diverse workforce. Imagine that you have the job of staffing a new medical facility offering a minimum of ONE of the following example services:
Example Services: Emergency care, Labor and delivery care, Pediatric care, Primary care, General surgery, Hospice Care, Occupational Care, Speech Language Pathology, Long Term care, Recovery care, rehabilitation care, etc.
*If you want to design a healthcare facility that consist of more than one of the examples listed, you may*
The following should be included in part one of your assignment: This assignment requires 5-10 pages, (Excluding Title and Reference Pages). The assignment should be typed and submitted on a Word Document , using Times New Roman or Calibri (not both) font in size 12, normal margins (no more than 1 inch), double spaced format. This written portion requires correct grammar, punctuation, and APA formatting. Each paragraph should contain a minimum of 4-6 complete sentences.
- (Title Page) Name of the Facility
- Mission, Vision, Objectives and Purpose for the Facility
- List the Days and Hours of the facility operation
- List if the facility is a for-profit and or non-for-profit organization and discuss the difference between a for-profit vs. non-for-profit organization.
- Location: Geographical area (where is the medical facility) and include the measurements of the facility (square footage).
- History of the Location
- Discussion on targeted audience (gender, race/ethnicity, age group).
- Size of the facility: List how many healthcare providers, office managers, staff, etc. are needed to meet the needs of your healthcare facility.
-List the salaries for each of healthcare providers, staff, office managers, etc.
-Describe the duties and responsibilities for each healthcare providers, staff, office managers, etc. listed for your healthcare facility.
- Conclusion discussion on how the facility will meet a significant need or solve a problem or challenge that currently exists in the community/location of choice.
- A minimum of Two (2) references are required in proper APA format. References can come from a refereed peer-reviewed journal article, course textbook, and/or an internet source.
*Feel free to search the internet for further information regarding salary requirements for the health care workers that would staff this clinic.*
“Healthcare Facility” Grading Rubric:
Title Page (Name of the Facility)
Student identified and discussed the facilities Mission, Vision, Objectives, purpose, Days and Hours of the facility operation.
Student discusses the history of the Geographical area of their medical facility.
Student incorporated the location (Geographical area (where is the medical facility)
-Student list if their facility is a profit and or Non-for-profit organization.
-Student discusses for-profit vs. non-profit.
Student discusses targeted audience (gender, race/ethnicity, age group).
Student identifies the size of the facility:
Listed how many healthcare providers, office managers, staff, etc. are needed to meet the needs of your healthcare facility.
Listed the salaries for each of healthcare providers, staff, office managers, etc.
Student describes the duties and responsibilities for each healthcare provider, staff, office managers, etc.
Student incorporated a conclusion by discussing how their facility will meet a significant need or solve a problem or challenge that currently exists in the community/location of choice.
Reference Slide: APA format for TWO references required. The references can come from a refereed journal article, textbook, and or Internet sources.
Deductions: Turn It in Originality Report over 30%. Assignment on wrong document. Assignment minimum page count not met.