You have been tasked to design a counseling group from start to finish. To start this task, select one of the following group types.
- Children of divorce—This is my topic
Now that you have selected a group type you need to consider the other details of your group as well to include :
how new members will be selected.
When determining which new members to add, it is suggested you follow a screening process to ensure they are a good fit for the group.
Create a 12-15-slide presentation about your group that includes the following:
- Group type
- Why you chose this type of group
- Population serving
- Number of sessions
- Number of participants
- Goals of the counseling group
- Theoretical approach(es) to be used in the group
- A set of screening questions and criteria that you, as the group leader, will use to choose the members of the group.
- Begin with demographic questions (name, age, address, presenting issue, etc.) There should be a minimum of 10 screening questions, not including the demographics questions.
Speaker notes on each slide that would represent what you would say if giving this presentation in person.
- Use a minimum of three scholarly references in addition to the course textbook to support the findings.
Title slide and reference slide are not included in the slide count. Include speaker notes below each content-related slide that represent what would be said if giving the presentation in person. Expand upon the information included in the slide and do not simply restate it.
**** Please ensure the speaker notes include a minimum of 50 words.
**** Please use at least 3 scholarly references and APA style