This forum is the final opportunity to engage directly with fellow classmates in a personally meaningful way. Here, you will reflect more deeply on the importance of having a strong human support system as you work towards your goals. You will also examine more closely how having a capacity to overcome obstacles contributes to one’s grit and ability to achieve success.
Before attempting this discussion,
- Read the Week 5 Lesson.
- Read The Importance of a Social Support Network in Achieving Your Goals (Links to an external site.).
- Watch The Boost Students Need to Overcome Obstacles (Links to an external site.).
In your initial discussion forum post,
- Share one idea from the article listed above that personally resonates with you and that you could adopt to help you reach your goals.
- Discuss who will serve as a source of support for you as you work toward the goals identified in your Personal Development Plan. Consider the person(s) you identified in Week 3 for the PowerPoint presentation.
- Discuss one personally relevant connection or new idea you gained by watching the TEDTalk from Anindya Kundu listed above.
Your initial post should be a minimum of 150 words