According to research, employers want managers to acquire three skills through education and experience:
- Technical skill: the ability to perform a specific job in their field.
- Conceptual skill: the ability to think beyond their department to understand how the organization functions as a whole.
- Interpersonal skill: the “soft” skills of connecting and interacting with people.
These important skills are also needed by managers for effective team management. For this discussion:
- Identify which skill you consider most important.
- Explain how you would use that skill in the workplace to manage your team.
Be sure to respond to at least one of your classmates’ posts.
Word Count Requirements:
Your discussion main (original) post must be at least 250 words to fully demonstrate your understanding of the discussion questions.
Your peer post must be at least 100 words in length