Plagiarism is not something that just might occur in college papers; there are social and financial consequences to plagiarism in the real world (CO4). Please review the 3 following plagiarism cases:
- Jayson Blair and the New York Times. (CLICK THE NAME) OR https://www.spj.org/ecs13.asp
- Jonah Lehrer and the New Yorker. (CLICK THE NAME) OR https://www.plagiarismtoday.com/2012/06/21/self-plagiarism-ethics-and-the-case-of-jonah-lehrer/
- “Surfin’ USA” and “Sweet Little Sixteen.” (CLICK THE NAME) OR https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/93432/when-chuck-berry-became-beach-boy
Choose one of the above examples and answer the following questions in 250 words or more:
- Describe the plagiarism that occurred.
- What are the ethical issues related to this plagiarism?
- Find another example of real world plagiarism and share it with the class.