1. How can managers use “schemas” to reduce perceptual inaccuracies?
2. When managers employ a profile schema of the characteristics of good, poor, and outstanding employees they are using a(n) ________ schema to compare present employees and job candidates.
Group of answer choicesself-based
3. Define the term “prejudice.”
4. Assume that you feel you are being treated unfairly, compared to your coworkers. Identify four ways that you can restore a feeling or sense of equity.
Procedural justice has a positive effect on all of the following except:
Group of answer choicesGetting along with others
Trust in superiors
6. Motivation is just one of several factors that influence productivity. What other factors were discussed in the text? What is the relationship between these factors and motivation?
7. A critical point in understanding Maslow’s thinking is that from a managerial perspective, unsatisfied needs are dangerous because they may lead to undesirable performance outcomes. t or F
8. What are the three main objectives of reward programs?
9. Describe the background and the significance of QWL.View keyboard shortcutsEditViewInsertFormatToolsTable12ptParagraph
10. What is the difference between conventional and skill-based pay systems?
11. Ibarra writes “the conventional wisdom won’t get you very far”.
What does she consider the conventional wisdom? Why does she feel it won’t get you very far? Do you agree? Please explain why or why not.
12. The OUTSIGHT PRINCIPLE is the core idea of our book, Act Like a Leader, Think Like a Leader. What is it? Do you agree with it? Please explain why or why not.
13. What abilities will managers need to be successful in the 21st century? Which of these abilities do you have now? How do you plan to acquire the others?