Human beings are fundamentally social. In this discussion, we will consider connection—from attraction to dissolution, and liking to love—by providing advice regarding various relationship concerns.
Imagine that you are an advice columnist. You regularly respond to readers, providing relationship advice based on social psychological insight. Select one of the following options and craft a reply letter, supporting your answer with scholarly and peer-reviewed sources. Explain to the reader, in layperson’s terms, relevant theory and research that addresses the social psychological variables involved. Summarize a clear answer to the question, formulating advice regarding future behavior.
- Should I play hard to get?
- Do looks really matter that much?
- How can I attract a partner?
- Is my relationship at risk of divorce?
- Is there such a thing as a “fatal” attraction?
- We’re opposites; are we doomed to fail?
- I’m in a long distance relationship… Will it work?
- Why does my friend stay in an abusive relationship?
- What is love, really?
- Other (as provided/approved by your instructor)
Your initial post should be 500-1000 words in length and must contain a minimum of three scholarly, peer-reviewed references, in addition to required course resources as applicable. Additional credible references are encouraged.