PROMPT 1) Using the GILBERT book: Extraordinary a new way of thinking Relationships about human interactions second edition by Roberta M.Gilbert, M.D
- Choose ONE paragraph from chapters 2-6, choosing material that is familiar to you in ways you understand families often respond to challenges:
- Name the chapter and title of the chapter. (IE: chapter 2, conflict):
- CHAPTER number and CHAPTER title here: Chapter 1: Relationships we live in ( please review attachment)
- Provide A DIRECT QUOTE with chapter and page numbers from the GILBERT BOOK. This DIRECT QUOTE IS REQUIRED as your first paragraph.
- Add paragraph 1 here:
PROMPT 2) After you have provided the direct quote/paragraph 1, discuss in a FULL paragraph of at least 7 complete sentences, your own understanding of the chapter topic, what makes sense to you about this chapter topic and material and also what is confounding/confusing/perplexing to you. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES PROVIDE PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR OWN FAMILY IN TERMS OF NAMES, ETC (
- Add paragraph two here :
PROMPT 3) Discuss in a full paragraph of at least 5-7 sentences, one challenge that families might face/confront/experience when this pattern might be utilized.
- For example, in some families, members seem to cope with challenges by focusing their attention on doing too much for one family member (This is called over/under functioning) .
- Using your choice of chapter material/topic (conflict, distance, cutoff, over/underfunctioning, triangles), describe in detail what you might see families do when they are facing a challenge
- Discuss how you understand that particular behavior/action.
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES provide PERSONAL, DETAILED INFORMATION about your own family, names, etc
- Add paragraph 3 here:
PROMPT 4) In summation, using any material you have read up through chapter 6, explain in a paragraph of at least 7 sentences, how using a BOWEN THEORY perspective, as explained in the GILBERT book might assist family members approach family challenges in a different and more constructive way.
- Provide 1 (one) direct quote from the GILBERT book–chosen from the beginning of the book through the end of chapter 6–to support what you write in your paragraph. Remember, a direct quote with the page number after the quote from GILBERT is REQUIRED in this paragraph.
- Include in this paragraph how you could utilize this information to assist you in having more beneficial relationships.
- Add paragraph 4 here: