Open All Pages!!!
The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality authored the National Quality Strategy (NQS) in order to set a strategy for improving healthcare quality. The NQS has six priorities:
1. Making care safer by reducing harm caused in the delivery of care
2. Ensuring that each person and family are engaged as partners in their care
3. Promoting effective communication and coordination of care
4. Promoting the most effective prevention and treatment practices for the leading causes of mortality, starting with cardiovascular disease
5. Working with communities to promote safe use of best practices to enable healthy living
6. Making quality care more affordable for individuals, families, employers, and governments by developing and spreading new healthcare delivery models
The Camden Coalition of Healthcare Providers enacted a Care Management Program. Read about the program by following the link and watch the Doctor Hotspot video to learn more. Which NQS priorities does Camden’s Care Management Program meet? Are there any areas on which the program could improve? How does this model use the population health approach? When responding to your classmates, evaluate their suggestions for improvement. Do you agree or disagree with their suggestions, and why?