Module 3 – SLP
GLOBAL, ENVIRONMENTAL, AND CULTURAL ASPECTS OF HEALTH
There are specific environmental risks within homes and communities that contribute to measles outbreaks. Some cultural attitudes, beliefs, and behaviors may also contribute to outbreaks.
In this assignment, you will:
- Create a 3-panel double-sided brochure for your target group (the population you chose for this project).
The brochure must be designed specifically for your intended audience and must incorporate the following:
- Explain environmental and cultural factors within the home and community that contribute to an outbreak of measles.
- Summarize environmental and cultural factors that increase an individual’s risk of contracting measles.
- Describe precautions to be implemented in the home if a household member has become infected with measles.
- Provide any other information necessary to assist your audience in understanding the issue, getting vaccinated, and getting more information if they so desire.
SLP Assignment Expectations
Length: 3-panel double-sided brochure (i.e., include content on the front and back) with color, text, and graphics.
Assessment and Grading: Your paper will be assessed based on the performance assessment rubric. You can view it under Assessments at the top of the page. Review it before you begin working on the assignment. Your work should also follow these Assignment Expectations.