Prior to beginning work on this assignment,
- Read Chapter 3: Section 3.3 Generating Ideas
- Read Chapter 3: Section 3.4 Organizing Ideas
- Read Chapter 5: Section 5.2 Persuasive Writing
- Read Chapter 6: Section 6.4 Argumentative Writing
- View the ENG121 Week 2 Assignment: Outline (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. video
- Review the Sample Outline
- Review the Guide to Writing an Introductory Paragraph and Outline
This week, you will begin the process of organizing your thoughts and support points for your critical response essay by creating an outline. Outlines are useful when developing your thesis statement and support paragraphs, and they can be used as the roadmap for your essay once you start drafting it.
For the assignment this week, select one of the following essays. You will use this essay in your outline, rough draft, and final paper.
Once you have selected your essay, please download and complete the Critical Essay Outline Template.
In your Outline Template,
- Determine what is most important in the essay you selected and summarize the main argument.
- Convert brainstorming ideas into a workable outline as part of the writing process.
- Use appropriate academic writing tone, style, correct grammar, spelling, and sentence mechanics.
- Apply structural components of outlining format to continue essay development.
The Critical Essay Outline
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"