3. Search: “College Campuses Are Less Safe Without Concealed Weapons.” (Ed. Louise Gerdes)
4. Search: “Blind Patriotism is Rampant” Select “Patriotism Is Love of Country, Not of Government or Its Policies. (Ron Sparks. Patriotism 2011”)
o Choose two topics from above that interest you and examine them.
o Then Write a 350 to 500-word response for each article (total 700 -1000 words) in which you identify the major components of each article by considering the following questions:
• What is the issue?
• What are the stated and/or unstated premises?
• What is the conclusion/claim?
• Explain your answers
• Properly cite each sources
o Note: Do not simply use question and answer form, use these questions to help you think about the subject and then write an essay with your own response.
17. Be sure to review rubric found in the Course Materials Forum.
18. Format your response consistent with the Associate Level Writing Style Handbook
19. Combine responses into single Word document and Post your paper as an attachment to the Assignments link by Week One Day 7. Post signed CoO as separate attachment at same time