Write a scholarly paper in which you apply the concepts of epidemiology and nursing research to a communicable disease. Choose one communicable disease.
Epidemiology Paper Requirements
Include the following in your assignment:
- A thorough description of the disease including causes, mode of transmission, symptoms, treatment and complications. Discuss the demographic most affected-incidence, prevalence, morbidity and mortality.
- What are the determinants of health affecting this disease? https://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/about/foundation-health-measures/Determinants-of-Health.
- Identify the epidemiologic triad including host, agent and environmental factors as related to this disease.
- Discuss the role of the public health nurse in relation to this disease. How is the public health nurse involved in finding, reporting, collection and analysis of data and follow up?
A minimum of three references is required. The written essay should be at least 1250 words in length.
Write a 3- to 4-page paper that includes the following:
- A summary of the article, including the title and author
- Identify the title of the article with in-text citation and corresponding reference in reference list
- The relationship among causal agents, susceptible persons, and environmental factors (epidemiological triangle)
- The role of the nurse in addressing the outbreak
- Possible health promotion/health protection strategies that could have been implemented by nurses to mitigate the outbreak
- Epidemiologic surveillance is used in public and global health. For this Assignment, begin by locating a recent article about an outbreak of an infectious or communicable disease. The article can come from a newspaper or other source but your paper must be supported with at least three scholarly sources of evidence in the literature which may include your text or course readings.
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"