A nurse educator is preparing an orientation on culture and the workplace. There is a need to address the many cultures that seek healthcare services and how to better understand the culture. This presentation will examine the role of the nurse as a culturally diverse practitioner.
- Choose a culture that you feel less knowledgeable about
- Compare this culture with your own culture
- Analyze the historical, socioeconomic, political, educational, and topographical aspects of this culture
- What are the appropriate interdisciplinary interventions for hereditary, genetic, and endemic diseases and high-risk health behaviors within this culture?
- What are the influences of their value systems on childbearing and bereavement practices
- What are their sources of strength, spirituality, and magicoreligious beliefs associated with health and health care?
- What are the health-care practices: acute versus preventive care; barriers to health care; the meaning of pain and the sick role; and traditional folk medicine practices?
- What are cultural issues related to learning styles, autonomy, and educational preparation of content for this culture?
This PowerPoint® (Microsoft Office) or Impress® (Open Office) presentation should be a minimum of 20 slides, including a title, introduction, conclusion and reference slide, with detailed speaker notes and recorded audio comments for all content slides. Use at least four scholarly sources and make certain to review the module’s Signature Assignment Rubric before starting your presentation. This presentation is worth 400 points for quality content and presentation
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"