- 4 page essay in which you analyze your current writing practices.
The writing process is just that: a process. However, many learners are not aware of the steps to take in the process and do not schedule enough time to allow for all the steps in the process. As you work through this course, you will focus on learning the process involved in writing, writing well, and in being successful with your writing.
The first assessment will help you consider your own writing practices, and the steps you can take to improve your writing skills throughout this course, as well as in future courses, and in your professional life.
Demonstration of Proficiency
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the course competencies through the following assessment scoring guide criteria:
- Competency 1: Analyze rhetorical situations in writing to produce sound written work.
- Describe a personal approach to writing assessments.
- Explain current revising and editing processes for completing assessments.
- Describe the type of feedback from previous instructors.
- Competency 4: Apply accepted style conventions and written expression skills.
- Discuss the decision to enroll in a university program.
- Explain a plan for managing time to complete course assessments.
- Describe personal awareness of writing tools available.
- Describe any challenges or concerns about completing the course.
- Write content clearly and logically with correct use of grammar, spelling, and APA format.
This assessment will help you think about your current writing process and the specific areas where you might improve. In the rest of the course assessments, you will apply tools and strategies designed to support better writing.
Write a 4 page essay that reflects on your current process and strategies for writing your assessments. You do not need to include references, but you do need to format this assessment following APA guidelines.
In your essay, address the following:
- Discuss your decision to enroll in the Nursing program.
- Why did you decide the time was right?
- What are you hoping or expecting to learn in your courses?
- How do you see your personal and nursing professional expectations aligning with your program outcomes?
- Describe how you typically write your assessments.
- Do you pre-write before you create a first draft?
- If so, what are the steps you take in your pre-writing process?
- If not, why is this not a part of your writing process?
- Explain your current process for revising and editing your assessments.
- What seems to be working well?
- What does not seem to be working well?
- Describe the type of feedback you have received from instructors.
- Explain your plan for managing your time in order to complete your course assessments.
- How much time each week are you able to devote to your courses?
- Describe your awareness of the tools available to help you with your writing.
- Have you used the school Writing Center in the past? Why or why not?
- Have you used tools for writing help outside of the school Writing Center? If so, which ones? For what purposes did you seek outside writing help?
- Describe any challenges or concerns you have about this course.
- What do you think will be the most challenging thing for you to do in a writing course?
- How do you plan to deal with and overcome the obstacles and difficulties you described?
- Additional Requirements
- Style and Format: Use current APA style and include a title page.
- Length: Compose s4 page (double-spaced).
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"
error: Content is protected !!