Current Event or Research Article Review
The purpose of this assignment is 1) apply concepts of anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology to a current article; 2) share relevant literature with peers and instructors. Students must post a minimum of TWO articles summary. The posting should cover the following:
- Title: Title should include the topic the post will be discussing.
- Summary: Clear written description of the article’s key points or summary of the ideas. This should be summarized in 1-2 paragraphs.
- Relation to course objectives: Summarize normal physiological processes, following by the pathophysiologic concepts that relate to the article topic in an organized and detailed manner. Examples: If I summarized an article on CRISPR/Cas9 technology, I might explain DNA structure and RNA replication and genetic disturbance such as muscular dystrophy, which could be impacted by this technology. If I summarized an article on heart failure treatment, I might explain the neuro-hormones involved in fluid volume balance, the RAAS, catecholamines.
NEED TO BE DISCUSSED AT A CELLULAR AND SYSTEMS LEVEL.Normal physiological principles, processes, and mechanisms are explained at the molecular, cellular, and organ levels followed by a description of pathophysiology; describes disruptions of normal molecular, cellular, and organ function that underlies symptoms of the condition. Explanations are clear and incorporate appropriate vocabulary.
- Impact for Provider/APN: Describe how this knowledge will relate your ability to care for your future patients.
- Writing Style/APA: Article should be cited in APA format at the end of the post. Writing should be clear, well organized, with proper grammar and sentence structure.
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"